- Waggoner Ranch
- Vernon, TX.
- Job Category
- $1,200/month; Housing, Utilities, ranch truck provided
- Last Date to Apply
- This will be a wildlife and rangeland management intensive operation therefore projects are ongoing throughout the year. Various options exist regarding the duration of the employment; these can be discussed during the interview process. Ideally interns would work from the end of the spring college semester through the beginning of the next spring college semester. Interns will also be expected to learn all aspects of the Waggoner Ranch (wildlife, farming, ranching, etc…) and how they work together for the benefit of the whole.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
– Assist with heavy equipment operation and maintenance (dozer, tractor, excavators, bobcat, etc.)
– Field shredding, disking, cultivation
– Individual Plant Treatment herbicide application
– Assist with wildlife research projects
– Assist with GIS and GPS data collection
– Quail – roadside and covey call counts/data collection
– Deer – spotlight counts/data collection
– Prescribed fire preparation and implementation
– Assist with construction, maintenance and care of buildings and yards
– Wildlife harvest, cleaning, and data collection
– Assisting and guiding guests
– Daily cleaning and care of dog kennels
– Daily work with dogs (pointers and retrievers)
– Applicant must be able to lift 50 lbs. and traverse across rough terrain
– Vehicle and trailer maintenance – change oil, tires, cleaning, etc.
– Work around cattle
– Work around horses
- College students enrolled in a wildlife/range/livestock management or related degree plan. Ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a ranch working background. Applicants should have good people skills, the ability to work from sunup till sundown in adverse weather conditions and possess/maintain a valid hunting license (Texas) and driver’s license. Applicants are subject to background checks.
Note: The use of social media to display events and/or projects from the property will not be tolerated. This is an opportunity for an individual to gain valuable hands-on experience and should not be treated as a personal playground, vacation, or means to promote oneself on social media.
- Contact Person
- Jason Davis
- Contact eMail
- [email protected]
http://resourcemanagement.hallhall.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/googlePlusHeader.jpg 426 426 hallandhallrm http://resourcemanagement.hallhall.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Hall-and-Hall-Land-Managment-LogoLighGreen.png hallandhallrm2016-08-03 17:04:292016-08-03 17:20:23Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences Job Board | Internships